.

.

I Can’t Marry A Poor Man; Poor Men Are Terrible People – Lizzy Anjorin


We break up to make up, like they say. Nollywood actress Lizzy Anjorin had all the good things to say about fellow actress Iyabo Ojo when she spoke to Nonye Ben-Nwankwo after their widely publicized feud that looked sure to last for a while. The actresses are now in good terms, and Anjorin says Iyabo Ojo is a wonderful person.

“We have settled and we have settled. People disagree to agree,” Anjorin said, adding that they settled their differences themselves, there was no mediator involved.

“The two of us decided to make up. It didn’t matter who called who first. The bottom lineis that we are no longer enemies. Iyabo Ojo is a very wonderful person.

“I will say it again and again. Iyabo Ojo is a very nice babe. What do we gain from fighting? Nothing,” she concluded.

Lizzy Anjorin also dispelled rumours the duo were fighting over a man. She said, “Nobody snatched anybody’s boyfriend. We have a lotof things to do. We don’t have time to fight again. Just know that she is a nice girl.”

For Lizzy, not being married yet is not such a big deal. “I am not bothered at all,” she says.“I am a grown up woman. I have to relax and take my time.”

“I will get married but I want to take my time. People see us as role models. That means we have to be careful of what we do.It is not how far we have gone but how well that matter. I need to take time before I get into marriage in order to choose the right man. People get married in January and by April or June, the marriage breaks up. My story will now make headlines. I don’t want that kind of life. I want to take my time.”

No one wants a poor man as a husband, Lizzy doesn’t either. She thinks “Poor men are terrible people. They can do and undo.” The reason for her belief is not far-fetched. She says, “Because they don’t have money orname to protect, they will be ruthless. They will even be after your life. You will see them going from one newspaper to another saying nasty things about you. A comfortable man will hardly go on air and abuse his wife. I will take my time to get married and when I choose, it will be the right person.”

And so, whoever wants to marry Lizzy Anjorin must be wealthy. “I will not lie. I cannot marry ‘e go better’ man. Please, it will not happen. What a man has in his bank account doesn’t always determine if he is rich or not. But his attitude also matters. The guy has to be trustworthy. He too has to trustme as his wife.”

Lizzy has a daughter. She had her when she was 21. She declined comments however about her relationship with the father of herdaughter, an issue she prefers not to talk about.

For her, life as a single parent is beautiful. She sees her sister like a younger sister and a friend.
Lizzy has been making money and she’s making more. A company recently endorsed her as an ambassador for one of its products. “I am the new face of Dasela tomatoes. The title came with a car. It is not only about being their ambassador, but I also need to project the image of the company,” Lizzy said.

Bisi Komolafe’s death among others rocked Nollywood. Lizzy expressed how sad and shocking her death was, but she’s of the opinion that her colleagues in the movie industry didn’t support Bisi as much as they were expected to when she was alive. The great turnout at her burial to her is hypocritical.

“She (Bisi Komolafe) was a younger colleague. She was a nice girl. It is a pity thatshe passed on. If her burial had been her wedding, she wouldn’t have had that kind ofturn out. You wouldn’t have seen my colleagues that went there. But look at how all of them stormed the burial ceremony and were crying. If that number of people had cared and visited her when she was in the hospital, we probably wouldn’t have lost her.

“People should appreciate others when theyare alive. You don’t have to pretend you careafter the person has died. It is pretence. Her death was so pathetic. She was just 27. A star just faded. A lot of people have been there for donkey years and nobody recognised them. This lady just came and became a star. She didn’t die in vain. She hasa legacy. People will always remember her.”

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More