ADULTS Only!
: My name is Ama (not real name), a 30-year old single lady working in a
bank in one of Nigeria’s famous cities. About three years ago, I had a
brief affair with a good-looking man. He is two years older and works in
an oil company. We actually met while I was in the marketing department
of my organization.
Before long, we started seeing each other and even spent nights at each
other’s place. I had great affection for him; he was a real gentleman
with nice qualities. However, therelationship lasted only five months.
It ended after I carried out abortion because according to him, he had
no plans to settle down at that point. I felt used, dumped and couldn’t
bear the pain any longer so I broke up.
After completion of her National Youth Service last year, my younger
sister travelled out for a Master’s programme in the United Kingdom,
same country my ex was transferred to from Lagos in 2011. He had
informed me about the promotion and I wished him well.
We keep
in touch once in awhile, although no feelings attached.
The shocker: My sister has always been telling me so many sweet things
about her boyfriend and that she can’t wait for me to meet him. She
obviously was in love…I was very happy for her because just like me, she
had gone through so many heartbreaks.
In December, she sent pictures of her and a guy together at a friend’s
birthday party. At first, I thought my eyes were deceiving me; it was my
ex! I recognized him the second I saw his face. As if not enough, I got
yet another shocker in the third week of January. She said my ex has
proposed and that they are planning to get married later this year.
Honestly, since hearing this news , I have been very uncomfortable.
Few days ago, I told my ex we needed to talk so he called. I expressed
my fear and reservation of him courting my sibling considering our past.
He said he already knows that I and his new love are related. That he
found out after several conversations with my sister and also several
pictures of us. He said he hasn’t said anything yet and that we should
keep sealed lips, since we dated before they met in the UK.
Initially I accepted his view but lately I have been miserable. I really
wish toget this off my chest but at the same time I don’t want to hurt
my kid sis.
I am mad at myself, I am mad at life. What do I do please?
Is better u tell ur sister if u rilly luv her as ur kid sis na as ur blood u will do d right thing