A woman has allegedly confessed to drowning her infant son because she believed the boy “was the devil.”
Talae Akei Thomas, from Plant City, Fla. 30, stated that her child, Chase Harrelson, died in the hospital and that the baby she had taken home with her was actually the devil, according to a police affidavit obtained Wednesday by the Associated Press:
“My baby died five weeks ago in the hospital. I brought the devil home; mine died in the hospital after they did CPR on him. The baby started talking to me and I knew he was the devil. He was the devil, so I killed him. I drowned the devil that was in my baby.”
Thomas was arrested on Nov. 16, WTSP reported, after police found her lying in a median and she told them she had lost her baby. They found the body of the five-week old boy floating in a bathtub.
Thomas, whose Facebook profile states that she is “just seekin the kingdom of heaven head first,” was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.
Thomas’ family told the AP that she has hallucinations and experienced a breakdown four years ago. However, relatives also told Fox 13 that Thomas had been a loving mother.
“Baby Chase and his arrival were much anticipated,” her sister, Abria Thomas, told the station. “Talae was very excited about the birth.”
-Huffington Post