.

.

I Want Bigger Boobs, Guys Drool Over chics With Big Boobs – Rap Diva CocoIce

coco-ice-1
Currently creating huge buzz and making waves in the Nigerian music industry is a sexy and highly talented Femcee, CocoIce. Born Mojisola Sarah Sowole, CocoIce is getting loads of attention with just 2 official singles and a music video released into the market (her 2nd video “It’s Me” will drop in few days) and this have promptly shot up her profile. In this exclusive interview, the Ogun State born rap star spoke passionately about her music, person and her immediate and future dreams.
You’ve been enjoying massive airplay and publicity lately. So how has the journey been so far?
Well, it’s not a new terrain, just that things are kinda moving so fast now. I have a strong team and management I’m working with and this is making me to enjoy every bit of it as I now have enough time to concentrate on my music and the creativity part. So it’s been a sort of roller-coaster ride for me.

So your foray into music, what prompted that?
I started out by writing poetry, and this greatly helped me into turning into a lyricist though I started out miming to hit rap songs. I started professionally in 2005 when I recorded my first single, “Get Nutty”, which featured MayD. The song had massive airplay at the time. That really ignites the fire in me and encouraged me to pursue music as a career.
How did your dad & family feel about your decision to go into music professionally?
My dad always believes and supports my dream, he gave me different advices and enlightened me about what I was going into and promised to stand by me if that’s what I really wanted as a profession.
So let’s go to the name CocoIce. How did you come up with that name?
Well, many people have asked me this, and let me use this medium to clarify that it has nothing to do with the American couple Ice and Coco (she smiles). Though the name seems “controversial” as in people linking it to the couple, and this is surely getting me attention which I truly like. To answer your question, I pick up the name from the two words Coco and Ice. Coco is gotten from Coconut which we all know is hard and rough on the outside but clean and pure ‘original’ on the outside which is quite
similar to who I am today. I’ve gone through hard and rough times and still able to deliver good music! ICE, as in breaking the Ice, you hitting the right spot and breaking new grounds in your endeavour and that’s me in total. It hasn’t been easy. But for the Ice, it simply means, breaking new ground. I was formerly known as Mo’Black but I later found out that there are like two other Mo’Black. And there so many artiste using the Mo’, I just wanted a fresh and unique identity that will stand me out and that’s how CocoIce came about. The name also sounds chic or is it not?
There’s so much hype and publicity going on about your forth-coming music video, “It’s Me”. Can you
give us insight into what to expect?
You are so right. My first video “If U Don’t Know” was really an upscale for a fresh artiste and got rave review from many music critics. It was really lauded and this I believed put me and my management in a very tight corner. We just really want to surpass the success of the first video and make a lasting impression. Mattmax came up with the concept after my management gave him the song to listen to, and he decided to shoot with the state-of-the-art RED One Mysterium X which has higher resolution and cinematic effect than the regular Canon cameras most artistes currently use to shoot their musical videos. So expect to see fresh and crispy clear pictures, and tight concepts.
You also have any single out, “Rock me”. What inspires the song?
I decided to do something for the guys out there and flip the script because it is the guys that sing most times for we ladies. You know your song needs to be topical and have direction. I just thought it won’t be bad singing for the dudes and this brought about “Rock Me (Bad Guy)”. Though nothing too explicit or sensual, just a dedication to all the ‘bad guys’ out there.
Before “Rock Me (Bad Guy)” what other songs do you have?
I dropped “It’s Me” some few months ago which is more like my debut official single. It is more of an intro into what CocoIce is. You know I do rap, skank and I sing. I am very versatile in all genre of music.
What are you currently working on?
I just concluded the shoot of my second video, “It’s Me” and will soon be heading for the studio to record like two more songs, a dancehall track and another dance/party song. I’m also starting my media tour and promotional shows.
coco-ice-427x325 Who are you feeling now?
Can’t really get enough of Lil’ Wayne. The dude is so sick and talented.
Your music influence.
I’m greatly influenced by the likes of King Sunny Ade, 2face Idibia, D’banj, Mode 9, Ruggedman, Weird MC, Sasha, Wyclef Jean, ercik Sermon, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj amongst others.
What inspire your lyrics and music?
My environment. My moods. My lyrics are highly influenced by things around me and sometimes stories that I heard or personal experiences and God Himself is my greatest source of inspiration.
Obviously, the Nigerian music industry has been historically male dominated. With you coming and so also some more young ladies, are things changing?
Things are gradually and steadily changing. We are having female artiste coming out to do their thing and as you can see that they are getting recognition by being called to feature in male songs, as in collaborations.
Currently in the Nigerian music scene, which Femcee do you consider your greatest competitor?
The truth is I have no competitor. I’m just doing my thing and trying to carve a unique niche for myself.
Who is CocoIce?
CocoIce is a unique brand, a versatile Femcee, hip, trendy and highly ambitious.
You were quite close to the late rap star, DaGrin when he was alive, and it’s been reported that he was the one that tutored and encouraged you to rap in Yoruba. Was there any relationship between you two?
Sure DaGrin was the one who encouraged me to start rapping using Yoruba language; we were quite close but nothing more than music.
You mean no sexual relationship?
Nah! I’m a thorough professional and I don’t mix business with pleasure. It’s just a platonic and professional friendship. He’s a good guy and I surely miss him. Remember I dedicated a single “If U Don’t Know – PonPonPon remix” to him. Just my own little way to say ‘thank you’ to him, even though he is late, he is still forever in our heart.
Are you signed to any record label?
Not any at the moment but I have a management deal with MAGiKAL Entertainment.
If you have the opportunity to change a thing in your body, what would it be?
I will love to have a breast enlargement. Been craving for it since I was a teen.
And you think that will be cool?
Sure, it’s going to be very cool and sexy. Guys drool over chics with big boobs.
What’s your current size?
I’m 36.
Why do crave for bigger boobs?
Just to enhance my look and makes me sexier and chic. I love well-rounded boobs. (Lol)
So who are the women with ‘Heavy Boobs’ that you admire?
Hmmmnn! Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian and Mercy Johnson to mention a few.
Have you considered the medical implications?
Sure, but it’s really no big deal as medicine is always advancing and techy.
What’s style to you?
It’s an expression of who you are.
So, what’s your style?
I feel relaxed in jeans and leather jackets.
Your favourite fashion pieces and accessories.
I love writs-watches, jewelries and costume accessories.
Most prized fashion item.
My Hublot wrist-watch.
Your family background.
I’m from a family of 4. I’m the first born and the first daughter. My mum is late.
Aside music, are you engaged in any other thing?
Yes. I run an ushering/hostesses company, Ushers Impeccable. My company provides top-notch ushers and hostesses for events and ceremonies.
How do you unwind?
I go with my friends or go on sightseeing to relax my brain.
Where do you see that ‘CocoIce’ in a couple of years?
CocoIce is going places and by places I mean the world, the zenith. I’m aiming for the highest top. CocoIce is a brand so I’m dreaming to be the best.
Shout out to your fans out there.
They should keep supporting me by listening to my music and down loading it for themselves and their friends because this is just the beginning. I have loads of good music for them.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous says

    Your method of telling all in this paragraph is truly fastidious, all can
    simply know it, Thanks a lot.

    My web site ... click here


Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More