Nigerian singer Iyanya, who has been in
the
news lately over a not-too-clear triangular
relationship blues/drama, involving him and
Ghanaian
actress Yvonne Nelson and Nigerian
actress Tonto Dikeh, has shot down suggestions
of a bad blood among all three characters.
The “Kukere” and “Ur Waist” singer has
categorically denied reports that point to a not-
too-pleasant relationship, adding that apart from
the fact that he is “cool” with Yvonne and Tonto,
he also respects both ladies, and that he
“appreciate their hard work”.
“I’m cool with Yvonne. Apart from the fact that I
mentioned her name in my song, she is a
wonderful person,” he said in an
interview with
the Nigerian website Bella Naija. “She is one of the nicest, coolest people that I
know. The same with Tonto. They are two
people I respect a lot. I appreciate their hard
work and they are doing very well in their field.
“Yvonne is my hommie, we are cool people even
till now as we speak. Tonto is my padi, we are
cool. The media and people out there are just
having fun”. Talking more about relationships, Iyanya says:
“it’s hard to find somebody that would be with
you and actually take the pain, stand the rain.
I
feel like anyone I’ve tried to have a relationship
with always says “no, I can’t”. On the choice of woman he would ordinarily
date, Iyanya says: “I like classy women. When I
say classy, I don’t mean you must have
money,
but at least know your self-worth and carry
yourself well. I want a God fearing woman too
because at the end of the day women have the deepest secrets.
Women are fragile even when
they act like they are bosses so if you mess up,
there is a possibility that a woman will bring you
down”. The top-selling Nigerian act has also ruled out
dating a celebrity, insisting that “the thing about
dating celebs is that it would most likely not last”. “I can date anybody but the thing about dating
celebs is that it would most likely not last. The
only way it may last is if they are not successful.
But if they are both successful, when people see
them together, they would jump on it.
That alone
has an effect on the relationship because they won’t be free”. Iyanya’s clarification on the issue should offer
some relief to both Yvonne and Tonto, who have
had to respond to rumours about their
relationship with the singer, over the past few
weeks. Iyanya is due in Accra this week for the Ghana
Movie Awards, and Sarkodie Live In Concert, all
happening on December 25.
An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I believe that you ought to
publish more on this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but typically people don't speak about such issues. To the next! All the best!!
http://katangispecial.org/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=155917&Itemid=0
My web page: privacy