A man - from Elbag, Poland - was attempting to multitask by ironing while drinking beer and watching television but was injured when the phone rang.
Tomasz Paczkowski was determined to show his other half he was able to juggle several jobs at once when he accidentally ironed his face after mistaking it for the telephone.
Tomasz wanted to show his wife Lila that he was a dab hand at chores around the home.
He said: ‘I decided to do the ironing while she was out at work, just to prove a point.
‘She always complained at me for not doing the housework so I thought I would do the ironing to save her a job and prove to her that I’m not as useless around the house as she thinks.
‘Women are always going on about multi-tasking, so I set up the iron, opened a beer and put the boxing on the telly,’ he added.
‘It all started out well and I was beginning to think it wasn’t that difficult at all. I put up the ironing board in front of the television and started ironing my shirts. The first few went ok.
But Tomasz, 32, added: ‘Trouble was, I then got so involved in the boxing that I wasn’t really thinking about what I was doing.
‘So when the phone rang I picked up the iron by mistake and pressed it to my ear.
‘I really don’t know how I could make such a silly mistake. But I guess it proves men are not able to multitask as well as many women can.
‘My wife always watches the soaps when she does the ironing and never has any problems.’
But Tomas added insult to injury when he sprinted to put cold water on the burn – and ran straight into the bathroom door.
‘That gave me a black eye so now I look more like I’ve been in a boxing match instead of just watching one,’ he added.
‘The pain was incredible. It has also been quite embarrassing to tell everyone how the accident happened, but most people have been very understanding but many of my friends find the whole thing very funny.
‘I really don’t know how it happened. I was just so engrossed in the television.’
Doctors say he will make a full recovery from the burns – but Tomasz says he’s off housework for ever.
‘It’s harder than it looks. I really respect what my wife does now,’ he said.
 -Lahore Times