.

.

This Nigerian lady believes it’s better to kill herself in the UK than to be deported to Nigeria

This Nigerian lady believes it’s better to kill herself in the UK than to be deported to Nigeria


Hold on a second. Just before you say “Thunder Fire Am” maybe you need to read her story. To know why 19 year-old May Brown would rather kill herself than get deported to UK and why she attempted to take her own life.
Mary resides in the UK. UK Border Agency officials believe her marriage to a white man isn’t real and so they want her deported. May didn’t find that funny, and believe if she gets deported she would be killed in Nigeria. Instead, she decided to take her own life. Read her suicide note below.

In her suicide note, May wrote:
‘I am deeply sorry that I had to go this way, without even saying goodbye.
‘The UK immigration has finally driven me insane. They’ve pushed me too far this time and I can’t take the pain any more.
‘I don’t want a life or a future you won’t be part of. I love you so much, more than life itself and can’t endure the agony of not being with you.
‘Please forgive me for ending it this way. It’s better to die with my dignity than be subjected to torture and undignified death back in Nigeria.’
She said: ‘If they send me back to Nigeria they are signing my death warrant, they will cut my life short because I will be killed.
‘I have found peace with Michael, he gave me a reason to live. I have got a family here and we don’t claim any benefits.
‘Michael works and I am studying to become a barrister, we have not harmed anybody.’
May Brown is currently in a coma after attempting suicide. May who is a student of public affairs at Weymouth College moved to the UK three years ago.
She met her husband Michael Brown a year ago and they got married in December 2012. She applied for asylum in the UK. However, her request was denied. According to the UK Daily Mail – “Mr Brown, 34, said UK Border Agency officials believe their marriage to be a ‘sham’ with no ‘emotional attachment’.”
While May was due to be deported tomorrow, her husband and mother in-law insist that their marriage is real.
She was so distressed at the prospect of returning to her home country she took an overdose of medication.
In the report on May’s ordeal via the Daily Mail, her mother in-law outlined reasons why May did not want to return to Nigeria.
Helen-Claire Brown, Ms Brown’s mother-in-law, said the 19-year-old is part of the family and blasted border officials as ‘heartless’
Click Dailymail to read more.

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More